Tuesday, July 14, 2015

colourQ 299

Happy Tuesday!  It's time for a new palette from colourQ!  This week our colors are inspired by this rug.  An eclectic batch of colors if I've ever seen any!  But I see a challenge and I embrace it with both arms, all of my stamps, ink and whatever else I can scrounge up, then I get to work!



The background of my card is a bit of card stock embossed with translucent embossing paste and another bit stamped with an old SU background stamp with a canvas "texture."  I remember the days when background stamps were all the rage and I was convinced that I couldn't live without them.  Well fast forward a "few" years, I don't use them much and my life still has meaning! Even still I wouldn't want to part with them.  They give such great texture without adding any bulk.

 I was a teensy bit late making my card this week, but luckily the Mojo sketch came to my rescue.  It's been a dog's age since I've played along over there and truthfully my card-making style has evolved away from the layers that are a hallmark of the Mojo sketch.  But every once in a while I like to do something a bit different than my norm.  This sketch was perfect for showing off the colors and a bit of my old DSP that I can't seem to get rid of!


The colourQ design team has really rocked the colors this week so be sure to check them out.  And I hope you have time to join us in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Papillon Potpourri, Canas (SU); Mesh (Darkroom Door)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Cameo Coral, Blushing Bride, Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Summer Starfruit (SU)
Accessories:  Thanks Script die (Mama Elephant); Diagonal Strip stencil (Simon Says Stamp); Basic Rhinestone (SU); translucent embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

11 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

LOVE this design and gorgeous colours Jen! I admire your clever use of mixed pattern paper . . . something I can never seem to pull off successfully! Hazel xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Perfect use of these colours!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!

Jean said...

A great use of the sketch and the ColourQ colors!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the layered sentiment with the shadow, very eye catching Jen!!

Lisa Elton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the pattern papers and how you used the colors!

Karren said...

You used these colors beautifully and made a clean and layered card worthy of any Mojo sketch :)

Nancy said...

Love the layer look on you too Jen! It may not be your typical style, but you pulled it off swimmingly! Great job!

Deepti said...

Fabulous layering !

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the mix of papers you used here and the layered sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!