Sunday, June 21, 2015

Peace

It is a very dreary, dull, and rainy Sunday here today.  It's raining to beat the band and it's so humid that there's a fine sheen of moisture on every surface in my house:  the counters, the floors, yuck.  Unfortunately I live in an old house with no AC to take care of the moisture so I have to wait for the rain to stop to dry things out!   But on to my card...


I was inspired by the colors and the design of the Muse Christmas Visions card this week and tried to recreate the watercolored background by using some stamped images.  The deer die was cut with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper and looks really snazzy in real life.  The sentiment die was cut three times and layered together for some dimension.  For my layout I used the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.



Well that's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Watercolor Wonder (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink); Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer (SU)
Ink:  Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue (SU)
Accessories:  Vertical Stitched Strips die (My Favorite Things); Leap Deer die (Memory Box); Wet Paint Holiday die (Papertrey Ink)

12 comments:

Jenni's Jems said...

This is really lovely and I bet that reindeer really sparkles in real life ! x

Hannelie said...

hi Jen!
I am so glad that you joined us again at CTS! Your card looks fabulous! Love the blue and white and the effect of movement the background stamping gives!

Ardyth said...

This is a beautiful combination of the challenges! Love the two shades of blue and the sparkle! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Jen! Hope your weather improves!

Deepti said...

Stunning ! Way to rock the sketch :)

Michelle said...

Very cool card, Jen! Oh, I really dislike high humidity like that! I hope everything dries out soon! :-)

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Jen! Love the sparkle! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

Karren said...

The "swipes" of paint are the perfect backdrop for this glittery deer. Fab card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Oh, so pretty - love the panels in the background!

Happy Dance said...

Such a lovely Christmas card. The blues, both on the base and in the watercolor stamps, are so peaceful. Love the stag too. Really great take on the sketch/color inspiration. Bev

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your take on both challenges, Jen! Great job!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Petra Swart said...

Love this, Jen!!! That deer is so beautiful and I love the bg you have given it!!!! All the blue and the white are lovely!!! Great take on Hannelie's sketch!!!