Monday, May 25, 2015

As You See It and Fusion

I had some extra time last night so I made my way into my craft room to try and make something with the pretty colors at Fusion.  I used the sketch from As You See It.



Isn't the cake in the inspiration photo beautiful?  I love how the aqua background looks with the flowers.  I didn't use quite as many flowers because I can never get those clusters to look right and instead went with a solitary bloom that I colored with pencils.  I went over the flower and the die cut sentiment with my Wink of Stella pen to give it some shimmer.  So pretty IRL!

Just a quick post today, as I've got loads to do.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Artful Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Hawaiin Shores (Papertrey Ink); Smoky Shadow, Daffodil Delight, Vellum (SU); Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Prismacolor Pencils
Accessories:  Thanks Script die (Mama Elephant); Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things); washi tape (SU); Wink of Stella pen

14 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love your take on that sketch Jen, and no wonder you wanted to use those 'Fusion' colours, they are amazing together! Hazel xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous! I love everything about your card Jen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion.

Deanne :)

Kim P said...

Such a fresh, clean card! I can't believe you colored the flower with pencils. Clearly, I need to learn how...so pretty!

SmilynStef said...

Love how that shade of yellow really pops ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Aileen said...

Love your card and a Beautiful inspiration piece.

Lisa Elton said...

I love your take on the sketch Jen, this is fabulous!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the crisp clean colors! Gorgeous!

Karren said...

This card just jumps off the screen. So crisp and bright. Loving the layout too!

Deepti said...

The yellow pops beautifully over the blue :) gorgeous card!

Michelle said...

Your solitary bloom works perfectly, Jen! Gorgeous card!

Heather Cooper said...

This is so pretty! The yellow just pops on the aqua background and I love the flower added at the top of the banners. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at As You See It Challenges!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous clean & fresh card!

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card, love the addition of the bloom!
Thanks for playing with us at Fusion:)

Jeanne J. said...

HI Jen! Wow! I love this - so clean and striking. The yellow on the aqua just pops!