Friday, February 27, 2015

Tag You're It 16

Thank goodness it's Friday for two reasons.  It's the start of the weekend where I can forget about work for a couple of days and relax and it's start of a new challenge from Tag You're It!  This week Marybeth Lopez is our hostess and the inspiration she has given us is actually a card!  Yep, you heard that right! Take a card and turn it into a tag!



I was inspired by the leafy cluster of flowers so I die cut a leafy flourish then pondered my stash for the perfect flowers to layer over it.  I tried a bunch of different flowers and none of them were quite right for the look I wanted to achieve.  I can't believe I'm saying this "out loud" but I think I might need a few more flower images!  I've got a lot of flower stamps but they're not all suited for fussy cutting and many are just too big for a tag so I think I need to do some shopping!

In the end I settled on this little flower die that I embellished with some black rhinestones in the center.  And for good measure I stuck a few more down randomly.

I had a dickens of a time photographing this because of the pointy end.  I hope it doesn't look too strange tilted on its side!

My teamies at Tag You're It have created some beautiful tags for you to see and be inspired by so be sure you check them out.  And I hope you find some time to join us in the gallery!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Pear Pizzazz, Everyday Enchantment DSP (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Basic Bookmark 3 die (Papertrey Ink); Leaf Filled Flourish die (My Favorite Things); 4 Petal Set die (CAS-ual Fridays); black rhinestones (KaiserCraft)

10 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Friday! Beautiful tag!

Nancy Penir said...

So lovely, Jen!

Marisa said...

Adore this tag, Jen! Way to flash the Verve too :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly sweet Jen!! When I have something that sits wonky because of the end, I put a little loop of washi on the back of it and lightly press it onto my prop (usually an acrylic block). This lets it stand up the way you want it too!!

Marybeth said...

Hi Jen! I love your tag and I think the photograph looks great too! I guess we can always use more flowers, I just got my Papertrey Ink order and I have two new sets of flowers. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty tag Jen. Love the shape and the sweet little flowers.

Karren said...

I love the way you justify buying more schtuff :) That's my kind of thinking! Gorgeous tag and the tag itself is so elegant.

Petra Swart said...

WOW, I love those two sweet flowers you decided on, Jen!!!! Your tag is so beautiful - love the great shape of it!!! And a girl can never have too many flower stamps ...there are always some more you need, hey!!! Enjoy the shopping!!!!
Have a great Sunday!!!

Lynn Put said...

This is lovely, Jen! I really like how your die cut leafy stems flow over the edge and your flowers look very pretty.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen a beautiful tag based on Marybeth's inspiration I love those pink flowers!