Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 169

Are you ready for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches?  I know I am!  This week our challenge is hosted by the amazing Jen Timko and I just know you are going to love her sketch.  It's got loads of room for your creative interpretation!



Despite my love of earthy colors I have a not-so-secret fascination with bright colors too - especially green when it's something closer to chartreuse.  So when I saw the latest color challenge at ShowCASe Your Style I just knew that I wanted to play along.  At first I tried doing a watercolor background using the lime and turquoise colors but, predictably, when they got too close together they made a green that was definitely not part of the color challenge.  Then I remembered that I had some patterned paper that had some gradient shading in these colors so I used that as the background layer.  The flower and leaves are colored with Copics and I really love how this turned out!


You probably imagine that the Freshly Made Sketches design team has got some fabulous cards to show you this week and you wouldn't be wrong.  Do stop by and check them out.  And I hope you have time to join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Esther's Garden (Art Gone Wild); Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); Tempting Turquoise (SU); X-Press It Blending Card; Adorbs (My Mind's Eye)
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise (SU); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics
Accessories:  Enamel dots (Studio Calico, My Mind's Eye)

19 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,Jen!! What a beautiful card!! I love the background paper and the pretty flower and leaves!! Beautiful colors!!

Cindy Beach said...

Awesome card, Jen!
Your use of these colors and your coloring is fresh and fabulous. I love it when a card is soft and stunning at the same time.

Karren said...

Oh wow! Is that really patterned paper? It looks fabulous and is just perfect for the color challenge. I love, love, love the freshness of this card and the clean look of the flower and sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

Wowzers Jen what pretty colors!!

Nancy said...

Stunning card Jen!!!

Caroline said...

Love those colours!! Your flower and leaves are awesome!!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow...simply beautiful and why am I thinking coooool sherbet.....love this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen love this card, those colours are amazing and the flower is beautiful.

Claire said...

Before reading your post I thought you'd inked that background up Jen - it looks gorgeous and the flower totally 'pops' against it!

Patti said...

Hi Jen : )

I just finished my FMS card tonight!! : ) I took inspiration from you beautifully colored!!! card! I love the colors you selected!! Beautiful! : )

I hope to post mine tomorrow.

Hope you are staying warm! : )

Patti

Narelle Farrugia said...

Until I read this, I thought you'd sponged that background Jen. That paper is just gorgeous as is your stunning flower! Your colouring is absolutely perfect.

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Jen. That background paper is gorgeous. Beautiful, peaceful and refreshing creation.

Ginger said...

Beautiful card! I love the background of the card! Gorgeous! Great job!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love those colours! That flower is just fabulous! Reminds me of Hawaii! Love the background paper! Works perfectly! Very pretty!

Deepti said...

Love the soft beauty here !! the inking and coloring is amazing :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Beautiful and elegant!

Jen Timko said...

I was totally going just have to come to your house to figure out how you made that background...because my colors seem to mix together (and not in a good way). That paper is gorgeous! And then there is the coloring. WOW! Such a breath of spring!

Cindy Hall said...

This is so fresh and lovely, Jen. That DSP background is a perfect complement to the pretty flowers and clean sentiment.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's a great color combo, and you used it beautifully with the FMS. Blessings!