Tuesday, November 11, 2014

colourQ 267

Boy did I ever fuss over my card for colourQ this week!  The colors are inspired by these lovely napkin rings and I used the layout at CAS(E) This Sketch as my design inspiration.



First I fussed over how to create the clustered look on my card that is suggested by the sketch.  I decided on a leafy flourish and some flowers.  Then I fussed over how to make some small flowers similar to the ones in the color palette inspiration photo.  Then I fussed over the sentiment.  I wanted something small so that the sentiment didn't overpower the main image.  So I put the whole thing together and added a few home-made enamel dots to take up some white space was just about to photograph it when I decided it was a little too blah.

So I carefully peeled it all apart and since I destroyed the card base in the process I started fresh and stamped the big sunburst to go under the leafy design.  I put it all back together took the photo and I was finally done!  Except I forgot to put the enamel dots back on.  Pooh.

From the looks of things my teamies over at colourQ didn't have nearly as much trouble as I did because their cards totally rock!  Be sure to check them out before you join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Kindness Matters (SU); Say What (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie, Urban Oasis DSP (SU)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (SU);
Accessories:  Leaf Filled Flourish die (My Favorite Things); Boho Blossom punch, Trio Flower punch (SU); Opal White Stickles (Ranger)

12 comments:

Jen W. said...

It was worth all the fussing because it's an awesome take on both challenges! The starburst in the backgrounds an awesome touch.
And I'm loving the new Ryan photo by the way! :)

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful Jen. I love how you layered on that stamp.

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!!! Love it!

Patti said...

If you struggled it sure doesn't show! this is sensational Jen!! I love your take on this sketch : )

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

One could never tell you fussed, tore apart and began again, this is PRETTY Jen!!!

Michelle said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! All that fussing worked! :-)

Karren said...

This card doesn't look fussed over at all. It looks like you walked into your craft room with an idea and perfectly executed it. I'm loving seeing that Kiwi Kiss :)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Happy Dance said...

This card was well worth all your fussing! That starburst behind the flowers and vine really makes this card for me. The colors are fantastic, and your take on the sketch is perfect! Bev

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, I love the sunburst in the BG :)

donna mikasa said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this card Jen! I especially like the green patterned paper - it adds a whole other dimension to your card. Great take on the sketch too!