Thursday, March 31, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 35

Elegant Eggplant is not a color that I have used very often, but this week the color challenge at the ColorLab pairs it with Old Olive and Chocolate Chip.  Nothing like a couple of great colors to get the creative juices flowing and entice me to try a something new.

I started my card by following the MOJO sketch, which, on the last Monday of the month, is always a choice between a round or square card.
I love round cards, and it's been a while since I made one, so I tried my hand at it again.  What I ended up with is a faithful version of the color challenge and a modified version of the sketch!  I found that my scallop circle was a little small and seemed over-powered by a couple of elements of the sketch.  So I switched the ribbon at the top for some linen twin, and completely left off  the long thin panel that would be next to the button. 

But despite these changes I really like how this card turned out.  The colors are so rich you can't help but like them.  And I can always add a heartfelt sentiment on the inside of the card later. 

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to stop by the Color Lab, check out the fabulous colors and inspiration from the Design Team and create something.  We'd love to see what you do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you used the sketch and the colors together. Gorgeous card, as always.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card! Love the circle and perfect use of the colors. Miss that set!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such dramatic colours and your card is sweet! Love the twine and those buttons are my favourites!