Thursday, March 24, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 34

It's Thursday and time for a ColorLab challenge!  Our colors this week are Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White.


What a fabulous color combo!!  I think I had forgotten how pretty Chocolate Chip was, so I reminded myself by using some of my retired Sweet Pea designer paper for the big Chocolate Chip panel here.  For my layout, I used the Viva La Verve March Week 3 sketch challenge which suggested quite a bit of stitching.  Since I love my Janome Sew Mini, I got it out of the closet and did a little stitching to add some visual interest.

I had this lovely satin ribbon in my stash (not sure where it came from), but to my delight it matches Pear Pizzazz almost exactly.  I love when that happens!  And since these colors are a pefect match for a big sunflower, that is what I decided to do.  I colored directly on my Inspired by Nature stamp, carefully cut it out and popped it up on my card with dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the ColorLab.  The design team has some fabulous creations to inspire you.  So, get your stamps out and start creating.  We'd love to see what you do!

7 comments:

Sunflower Stamper said...

Wow Jen-Great card!!!! Love it!!

TrishG said...

Jen, this card is so beautiful! Love everything about it! Well done.

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the flower and stitching!

Amanda Sevall said...

This is so cute!! Love it!! :)

Jen Timko said...

I love how made the flower stand out so beautifully. Perfect paper choices...and the stitching is amazing.

Vicky Hayes said...

It is SO worth cutting out something intricate like your flower - it looks brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh! I love the flower and the stitching. Lovely.