Saturday, February 12, 2011

FTL127 Birthday Surprise!

On Thursday afternoon my sister called me at work to tell me that my nephew would like me to make a gift card holder for him to bring to a birthday party and that (if I was willing) she would come by my office on Friday to pick it up.  Normally, this is the sort of thing I love to do, but I was afraid to say yes because I had a meeting after work and I knew I wouldn't be home until after 9:00 pm and the chances of me being creative at that hour are pretty slim!  But somehow I found myself saying yes!  I was pretty sure that I had one already that would be perfect, but then she told me that he would be giving two gift cards!  I don't have any kind of gift card holder that holds two!  I managed to convince her that I needed more time and she agreed to pick it up at my house on Saturday.  Whew!  That was close!

So, I cleverly decided to use the FTL sketch challenge layout this week to make a birthday card/gift card combo.  (The inside has spots to hold two gift cards).

Some weeks ago, the ColorLab challenge was to use Rose Red, Blushing Bride, and Soft Suede.  On Friday I came across the card I made for that challenge and rememberd how much I loved how the colors really made that card shine.  So I used those colors again here.
My sister told me this gift would be for a sweet 16 party and I regretfully told her that I didn't have any stamps that said "sweet 16" in any way, shape or form, so I would have to make a regular birthday card.  But when I sat down to make this card I remembered that I recently got the Billboard Sizzix decorative strip die and that combined with the numbers stamp from the Bring on the Cake stamp set, I could easily make my own sweet 16 sentiment!  I'm really pleased with how this came out!  I hope they both like it too!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

5 comments:

Allison said...

What a fabulous card! Love the way you made it say "sweet 16!"

Natasha said...

What a cute card! Love how you highlighted the numbers!

Shelley Starkis said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours and how you've done the sweet 16.

Vicky Hayes said...

It's amazing what you can come up with even when you think you have nothing suitable! I'm sure they'll both love it!

Christine said...

That is SO beautiful! I Love The vombonation of colours (although i don't like pInk that much....)