Sunday, February 20, 2011

Curtain Call 70 Butterfly

I thought that the color challenge this week over at the Curtain Call was quite interesting.  Intimidating, but interesting!  I wasn't sure I was up for it, but I really liked the idea of using Tempting Turquoise, which I have not used in a while.  So I bravely gave it a try.


See what I mean?  Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango in the same card?  I must be crazy to give this a try!  But I set to work and thought I'd ink up my Flight of the Butterfly stamp set for this card.  Those curly-q sentiments are so versatile and thoughtful I figured they would provide some inspiration.

I went for a pretty clean and simple look.  I briefly thought about adding a button or something but in the end decided to keep it clean.  I'm not sure I like it, but at least I gave it the old college try!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I love how clean this is. What a wonderful use of the colour challenge. You have done a geat job :)

Tammy said...

Love the CAS design paired with the whimsy of the butterfly trail!!

Christine Blain said...

This is very sweet, Jen; the colours work well with the white space on your card :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty card.

Wendy said...

Sooo pretty and simple...just love it.

Silke Ledlow said...

So, so pretty Jen and what a great CAS card this is! Thanks for joining us again this week! Hugs ~S~

Pamela Lash said...

Beautiful and elegant card - love the butterfly! TFS!
Just became a follower and would love if you follow me too.
Mama loveBug from LoveBug Creations
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/